CUB SCOUT CAMPING (Ages 6-10)
Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces boys and girls to the outdoors and helps them develop outdoor skills at an age-appropriate level that will be applied more thoroughly as a Scout in Scouts, BSA. As Cub Scouts progress, the opportunities for outdoor adventures become more challenging. The upcoming Dan Beard Council summer camp opportunities can be found below!
To view current camp documents, such as the Leader’s Guide and What to Bring to Camp, click Camp Forms. Click on individual camp pages on the left for camp fees and details.
ACCESS YOUR UNIT REGISTRATION
Adding participants to a Unit Registration:
- Click on the button to the left.
- Make sure you are signed-in (top right corner)
- Search for your unit number.
- Click on your unit.
- Click Registrations on the right-side of the screen.
- Select the Cub Camp Registration.
- Click on Participants tab, then click on Register a New Participant.
Note: If you do not see the Registrations link on your unit web page, make sure that you are logged in to your Dan Beard account and that you have access to this registration. If you did not create the registration, have your Camp Coordinator contact Rachel Ball, 513-577-7708 or Rachel.Ball@scouting.org
Community Day Camp is a 5-day camp that offers the fun of camp right in your own backyard. There are different locations around the Council for you to choose from. Or, if you love camp as much as we do, you can attend multiple day camps. Fun is the name of the game at all of the area Day Camps. This is a terrific time for your child to play in the outdoors and earn their rank advancements. They will spend time at camp with other children their age having fun in the outdoors and participating in events such as Archery, BB guns, swimming, fishing, crafts, games, and sports.
Cub Scouting is a family activity, so we invite you, your Scout, and your whole family out to Cub World for a 2-Day (1-night) Family Camp Adventure! Cub Camp Family Weekends are geared towards fun and activity. All of the events are centered around parents and children getting involved together. Activities include BB gun shooting, archery, swimming, nature hikes, games, sports, campfires, and much more!
For those kids looking for the ultimate Cub Scout summer camp experience, this is it! Resident Adventure Camp is a three-day (two-night) program with fun around every turn. Scouts will have a chance to realize their full potential while taking part in one-of-a-kind activities. They can choose from the STEM or Outdoor Masters program, while still enjoying the old favorites, and immersing themselves in the theme of the Fort, the Castle, the Mountain Man Village, or the Miners Camp. Together with their den and others their age, your children will use the power of their imagination to be swept away to another time and place.
This Expedition Cub Camp is a great chance to earn advancements, get active in the outdoors, and make friendships that will last a lifetime. Our Expedition Cub camp gives Scouts extra opportunities to experience activities from both the STEM and the Outdoor Masters program. Our top-notch Cub World camp staff brings an enthusiasm that campers will be talking about the whole year-round. Pack leaders and parents in combination with the camp staff provide leadership and supervision. The facilities are second-to-none and meet the comfort level of Cub Scout age youth (and their parents!)
ADULTS AT CAMP
Please keep in mind that the following regulations must be followed at all times:
- Resident Adventure Camps require 1 adult for every 4 Cubs with a minimum of 2 adults per Pack/Den.
- If more than 2 youth from the same Pack are attending Cub Camp, the Pack must provide adult supervision at the ratio given above.
- Adults attending the Expedition Cub Camp for 72 hours or more (non-consecutive) must be both registered as an Adult Leader with the BSA and have completed Youth Protection Training before arriving at camp. Proof of such is required at check-in.
Code must be used or discount requested before full payment; no refunds will be issued.
- Second Adventure Discount: Receive $25 off the second week of camp, any type.
- Volunteer Discount: For Day Camp, receive $35 off a youth whose parent is volunteering ALL week.
- Sibling Discount: For Day Camp, pay in full for one child and receive $20 off for their sibling(s).
- Cub Camp Promotions Discount: For packs that attend a rally and complete a camp presentation, every youth in the unit can use one discount of $5 off any cub camp. Code will be emailed out after presentation is reported complete.