New details about Advance Auto Parts and Bass Pro storefront sign-ups will be posted here shortly.
POPCORN STOREFRONT TIPS
This type of Show & Sell is a lot like an “old school” lemonade stand. Your unit gets permission to have a booth in a high visibility area and your Scouts sell actual popcorn product there on the spot. This method has been highly effective for many units. A unit can plan a Show & Sell day and split Scouts/families into shifts so that everyone takes a turn. Talk with local stores to setup a time to sell.
2020 STOREFRONT SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Those selling at storefronts will be required to adhere to some safety guidelines including:
- Scouts need to wear a mask or face-shield
- Have hand sanitizer available
- Suggest one family at a time at each booth
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Temperature check prior to arrival
BEFORE THE SALE DATE
- Visit or call locations early (except Kroger). Remember there are plenty of other places besides Kroger for Storefront Sales.
- If the store requires proof of insurance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to danbeard.org/popcorn.
- When reserving your day, ask the business if there are any setup restrictions that you should be aware of.
- Double check with the business the day before in case a conflict has arisen. Schedule 2-3 Scouts and 2-3 parents for about 2 hour shifts to keep things organized. Confirm with the parents a few days beforehand.
DURING AND AFTER THE STOREFRONT SALE
- Have Scouts in uniform and stand in front of the table.
- Never have the Scouts ask if they want to buy popcorn. Coach them to ask things like: “Would you be willing to help support me going to Scout summer camp?
- Have products displayed neatly. Putting prices on will likely discourage higher purchases.
- Make sure to thank the store manager. Consider buying a bag and giving it to the store manager along with a thank you note signed by the Scouts.
- Split sales either by Scout performance, or by diving out the sales by an hourly rate.
STOREFRONT SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
Please consider the following safety suggestions:
- Wear masks and follow local health guidelines
- Consider operating from behind a table
- Have hand sanitizer and wipes on hand
- Consider a Bluetooth chip card reader
- Setup product for easy purchase and pickup
- Create a large sign with products
- Maintain social distancing
Potential Locations for a Show & Sell:
*Be sure to speak to the appropriate person to schedule a Show & Sell.
- Your Church
- Your Community Park
- At Community Events
- Ace Hardware
- Great Clips
- UDF (United Dairy Farmers)
- Home Depot
- Ice Cream Shop
- Gas Station/Truck Stop
- A Local Mall
- A Retail Store
- Soccer Field