WOOD BADGE - ULTIMATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Wood Badge is the ultimate leadership training program for the adult leaders of the Boy Scouts of America. Similar courses on the corporate side cost thousands of dollars per attendee and may not offer the same depth. Wood Badge is a modern format of training that delivers the latest in 12 leadership skills that will help you be the best leader possible. These are skills that will become part of your everyday life. You will use these skills at home, church, and anywhere leadership is needed. The course is made to provide the highest quality course with the most experienced staff to a diverse audience. We promise you friendship, camaraderie, knowledge, personal awareness, and most of all fun!
WOOD BADGE INFORMATION
Wood Badge …
- Is open to every adult leader.
- Is based on contemporary leadership concepts used in the private sector.
- Is a cost-effective leadership program.
- Is designed for use in Scouting as well as in the workplace and other volunteer organizations.
- Is a common foundation of leadership skills to be used throughout all program areas.
- Is experience-based learning as well as classroom learning.
- Will be delivered in Dan Beard Council over two three-day weekend trainings
The program is divided into 5 central themes:
- LIVING THE VALUES (developing your personal mission and vision)
- BRINGING THE VISION TO LIFE (communication skills, coaching and mentoring, leveraging diversity)
- MODELS FOR SUCCESS (how your style of leadership should relate to the skills of your team)
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE (project planning, managing conflict, assessing team performance, managing change, celebrating team success)
- LEADING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE (leaving a legacy and the secrets of effective leadership)
As a result of attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts consistent with our values-based movement.
- Apply the skills they learn from their participation as a member of a successful working team.
- Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.
WHY TAKE WOOD BADGE?
Every Scout deserves a trained leader! We expect the best from our Scouts, they should expect no less from us. Leadership is a key to the scouting program and we strive to create an environment where leadership, learning, and advancement make scouts grow. We provide these through our scouting programs from boy lead leadership, advancement and recognition. To provide this leadership we as Scouters need the right tools, and resources. Wood Badge is the answer to helping you in all these areas.
The course is designed to reach all adults at any level of professional training and in any aspect of scouting; Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity and Venturing. Wood Badge will help you in self and team motivation and will help you in providing the best leadership for your program. The course will help you in your organization, communication, and management skills that will benefit you in your professional life also.
Wood Badge will help you improve your role in Scouting. It will help you focus on your responsibilities, identify a goal, help you work toward that goal and give you the tools to reach it. But Wood Badge is more than that. It teaches how a group develops and how the leader can assist in that process. It is about the interrelationship of all members of the Scouting family. It helps identify the connections between the district, the council, and the individual unit. It shows you how to tie Scouting’s values into unit meetings with outings. Wood Badge is more than a classroom it is games and hands-on projects. You will come away with an appreciation of Scouting’s heritage as well as a dream for the role you will play in its future the impact you will make on a youth in your own unit at home.
WOOD BADGE COURSE DETAILS
Wood Badge Fall Course: C6-438-19
September 6-8, 2019 and September 20-22, 2019
(Friday thru Sunday. Must attend BOTH Weekends)
Orientation Meeting for Registered Participants (AKA 21-Day Out)
Saturday, August 17, 2019
8:30 am – 11 am
Camp Craig, Loveland