Dan Beard Council is excited to share a newly released update to our event registration system, ScoutTools.
All of the tools you previously used still exist, but are now easier to use and more streamlined for you. Here are a few of the new features that are now in place:
- Mobile friendly checkout to easily register for events on your mobile device.
- Easily administer your account. Edit your profile, view events and registrants, and see your orders all in one place. To access your account, use the new MyCouncil login button on the main menu.
- Save your cart feature. You can now save items in your cart and load them for checkout at a later date.
- Save family members or registrants to your account that you commonly use for easier checkout.
- Streamlined navigation and checkout flow.
- Easier selection of activities within events and selection of merit badges for individuals
- Individual registrants for summer camp, Merit Badge Challenge, and other group events will be able to access and update their registrations.
With these changes, there have also been some updates to the payment processing procedures through the system. Please note that beginning on April 15, 2020 the system will begin to automatically assess a small processing fee for any credit card transactions much like many other typical online event purchases. However, there are still many ways to checkout and submit payout without any processing fee.
- Many of our units use E-Checks or EFT’s to make payments. EFT payments will not have any processing fees.
- In addition, the system will now let you save an order, print it, and submit a payment by mail or in person. We’ve outlined these steps below if you would like to submit a payment by mailing it in. Please note that if you choose this option, your order will not be complete until the payment is received. Please allow 24-48 hours after the receipt of the payment to process your order.
We hope that you enjoy all of the new features of the system and that they provide a user friendly experience moving forward. As more new features and updates are available, we’ll continue to publish them here.
- Navigate to an event and begin a registration like you normally would.
- At the very last step, rather than checking out and submitting payment, use the You Can drop down to save your order.
- Print a copy of your order with the order number on it to include with your payment in the mail or to submit in person.
- Once we’ve received your payment, a member of our team will look up your pending order and apply the payment we received to your order to complete the transaction.
- Please note that your registration will not be processed until the payment is applied and the transaction is complete.