Venturing Leader Position Specific Training
venturing_logoVenturing Leader Position Specific Training is designed to provide training specific to each area of the Venturing program. These courses are taught by informed trainers who know how to engage groups and make learning fun. These courses are offered by the district or council as group training, or may be done as small groups or by personal coaching. Prior to taking this training, leaders should complete Youth Protection Training and This is Scouting. While Youth Protection is a requirement, This Is Scouting is only a highly recommended course to understand Scouting better. If the Crew has an Outdoor component to their program then the adult leaders MUST complete Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS) to be fully trained.
Crew Advisor and Assistant Crew Advisor training shows you how to teach crew members how to lead their own Crew. This course includes five sessions, usually completed all in the same day.
The five sessions will cover:
- Here’s Venturing – A basic overview of the aims and methoda of the Venturing program
- Understanding and Protecting Youth – Understanding the teenage mentally and providing safe, productive environments
- Leadership and Organization – How the Crew is structured and operates
- Awards and Recognitions – The advancement program of Venturing
- Resources and Program Planning – Recruting, retaining, and inspiring youth
In addition, each session provides training specific to that leader position. If you are entering a different position in the Crew, attend the Position Specific Training for that position.
December 1st, 2012 at the Scout Achievement Center
December 15th, 2012 at The Wilks Conference Center, Miami University Hamilton Campus
9 AM to about 3 PM
$5.00 at the door