Marketing Executive Position
Marketing Executive Position
Career Opportunity: Marketing Executive
The Dan Beard Council, Boy Scouts of America, has fantastic opportunity for a high-performing individual with some experience or educational background in marketing, communication, public relations, and graphic design. The Marketing Executive will serve as the council’s webmaster, graphic designer, photographer, and provide support for the council’s communications (electronic and print), and social media.
Graphic design and writing examples are requested along with a resume. Please email to Phil Klayer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview process will begin near the end of December.
- Coordinate web development, from design, functionality, and writing content to routine monitoring, maintenance, updating, and troubleshooting. Suggest, design, and develop features and enhancements appropriate to the needs of the council.
- Coordinate parent and volunteer communications by working with other departments to optimize and schedule messages for constituents. Format and send newsletters and emails. Ensure consistency, quality, and delivery. Manage communications calendar, list segmentation, and reports.
- Research and write stories for newsletters, other publications, and press releases.
- Lead efforts related to the preparation of all marketing materials for the council’s Join Scout Night membership campaign, and work closely with marketing committee volunteers in this effort.
- Design promotional materials for print, and work with multiple teams to ensure that all marketing materials are consistent with council brand and standards.
- Create, manage, and grow presence across digital media channels. Gather and compile digital media metrics reports and conduct market and emerging trend research. Develop and execute strategies for social media that engage the multiple audiences.
- Manage and share regular qualitative and quantitative analysis of email campaign performance, social network engagement, and website.
- Assist with photography, videography, and editing.
- Provide assistance with development department including special events and fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or Deputy Scout Executive.
To qualify for this position, the candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, graphic design, web management, IT, or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications. Proficient in photo editing, graphic design and print layout. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS), Constant Contact or other mass email systems, and basic photography.
- Experience with basic HTML. CSS styling experience would be helpful.
- Experience with digital media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and relationship building skills, team-oriented, strong editorial and proof-reading skills, and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and juggle multiple projects with competing priorities across multiple teams. Openness to continued learning and enhancement of skills.
Willingness to work with volunteers and co-workers toward the completion of goals.