Dan Beard Council Employment Opportunities
Fort Hamilton Program Manager
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Dan Beard Council is in search of outstanding individuals from all backgrounds, majors and career interests. Dan Beard Council provides additional resources to Scouting programs operating in inner-city, rural and other communities, in which, historically have lacked volunteers and other assets necessary for program success. If you think you are ready to shape the lives of students, build relationships with families, provide students with the skills and mindset to pursue their dreams and become successful leaders we invite you to apply.
What Program Leaders do:
- Program Leaders serve 4-6 unit locations within a geographical area each week for at least 1 hour in an After School format and work occasional weekends.
- Help identify and recruit parental involvement at each of your sites
- Program Leaders will work a maximum of 20 hours per week for $11.50 an hour. Weekend activities qualify for additional hours.
- Execute a quality Scouting program at each site to ensure that every youth participant will earn at least one rank advancement during the program year.
- Under the direction of your staff leader, carry out weekly or bi-weekly programs for each site assigned to you as a primary leader. Your staff leader will determine sites and specific programs.
- Act as mentors, advisors and developmental guides to urban and under-served youth.
- Must register as a volunteer leader of the Boy Scout of America and subscribe to the Declaration of principle and be willing to accept the principles of the BSA.
- Wear the full Scouting uniform at all meetings and activities involving youth.
- Promote Scouting events & activities such as Day Camp, Summer Camp, and Camporee’s that are held in the district.
- With the aid of your staff leader, complete the charter renewal paperwork on time of each of your units.
- Participate in quarterly reviews to help ensure quality program delivery.
Career Growth for our Leaders:
- Gain direct, hands on teaching experience
- Develop key project management skills
- Training in communication skills, the role of a mentor, diversity training and youth development.
- Increased skills in working with youth
- Insight into the life of a youth and youth culture
- The privilege of interacting with a young person open to being guided by a caring adult
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old with high moral character
- Have reliable automobile transportation (insured) to get back and forth to off-site locations
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check
- Prior experience working with youth desired, but not required
For more information, please contact Melissa Ford at (513) 577-7723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.