Dan Beard Council Employment Opportunities
Department of Institutional Advancement
Role: Senior Fundraising Executive
Date Posted: December 13, 2018
This is an exempt-employee position
The Institutional Advancement department is responsible for raising more than $1.6 million in donations through special events, grants, and direct solicitation of gifts from individuals, companies and foundations.
The Institutional Advancement Senior Fundraising Executive is a supervisory position that focuses on the improvement of the organization through fundraising activities. The senior executive will work to achieve success in the areas of major gifts, special events, donor recognition events and foundation grant writing.
Reports to: Director of Institutional Advancement
- Lead in the development and execution of specific annual giving programs including major gifts, special events and grant writing.
- Supervise the fundraising executive position.
- Provide staff support/direction to volunteers for assigned fundraising activities.
- Design and implement a donor stewardship program.
- Engage in prospect research for the purpose of identifying new donors.
- Utilize the database management tool (Blackbaud) and Excel spreadsheets to track progress.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors at all levels.
- Support and implement the mission, vision, and values of the Dan Beard Council.
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
- At least five years related non-profit experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- Has experience conducting successful special events
- A dynamic, well-rounded and engaging personality with a strong commitment to quality work and understands the importance of volunteer engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively collaborate and interact with staff and volunteers
- Be process oriented and also able to function within a reasonable degree of autonomy and independent discretion
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs and donor tracking software
- The ability to interpret and analyze data
- Extremely organized with a demonstrated background of effectively managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Ability to attend infrequent out-of-town training sessions
Work locations will include a combination of the organization’s office, external workplace environments with volunteers and outdoor settings (for special events).
Physical activities and requirements:
Candidate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and do light lifting.
- Detail Oriented
- Engaging and approachable
- Communicator and Collaborator
- Able to balance a variety of competing priorities
Send cover letter, resume and salary parameters to:
Director of Institutional Advancement
Dan Beard Council, BSA
10078 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Deadline for applying is January 13, 2019