Dan Beard Council Employment Opportunities
Role: Program Specialist
To provide leadership in program implementation, schedule coordination, and customer service to all ScoutReach programs within the assigned area.
- Coordinate a weekly and monthly schedule of program for In and After School programs
- Be a resource in training and program delivery in ScoutREACH programs
- Complete all available Cub Scout leader online training.
- With staff leader, work to develop program lesson plans.
- Assist in providing 2 deep leadership in larger programs
- Under the direction of your staff leader, carry out weekly or bi-weekly programs for each site assigned to you as the primary leader. (Your staff leader will determine Sites and specific programs.)
- Wear the full scouting uniform at all meetings and activities involving youth.
- Promote Scouting events & activities such as challenge camp, pinewood derby, or other special programs.
- Help to execute a quality Scouting program at each site to ensure that every youth participant will earn a minimum of one-rank advancement in Cub Scouts.
- With the aid of your staff leader, help to complete the charter renewal paperwork on time for each units in the district.
- You will meet weekly with staff leader to review program delivery and assignments.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Some experience working with young people
- Must own a working automobile with the adequate insurance coverage complying with the State of Ohio and State of Kentucky.
- Must register as a volunteer leader of the Boy Scout of America and subscribe to the Declaration of principle and be willing to accept the principles of the BSA.
- Must be able to work morning, nights and weekends when required.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $33,000. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.