Dan Beard Council Employment Opportunities
Department of Institutional Advancement
Role: Fundraising Executive
Date Posted: December 3, 2018
This is an exempt-employee position
The Institutional Advancement Fundraising Executive will be a part of a team that focuses on the improvement of the organization through fundraising activities. The ideal candidate will work to achieve success in the areas of special events, direct mail, newsletter creation and support of our young professional organization. On an ongoing basis, the executive will assist in creating awareness and support for the council.
Reports to: Senior Fundraising Executive
- Lead in the development and execution of specific annual giving programs including special events and a direct mail campaign.
- Provide staff support/direction to volunteers for assigned fundraising activities.
- Support the efforts of our young professional organization.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate the distribution of a quarterly newsletter.
- Engage in prospect research for the purpose of identifying new donors.
- Utilize the database management tool (Blackbaud) for areas of responsibility.
- Track progress of special event fundraising with Excel campaign reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors at all levels.
- Support and implement the mission, vision, and values of the Dan Beard Council.
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Fundraising experience (preferred)
- A dynamic, well-rounded and engaging personality, with a strong commitment to quality work
- An understanding of the importance of volunteer engagement
- The ability to function with a reasonable degree of autonomy and independent discretion
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Blackbaud fundraising software (preferred)
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- A demonstrated background of effectively managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and interact with staff and volunteers
Work locations will include a combination of office and external workplace environments including the occasional outdoor setting. Must be willing to attend occasional evening and weekend events, as well as out-of-town training sessions.
Physical activities and requirements:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and do light lifting.
- Engaging and approachable
- Communicator and collaborator
- Able to balance a variety of competing priorities
Send cover letter, resume and salary parameters to:
Director of Institutional Advancement
Dan Beard Council, BSA
10078 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH. 45241
Deadline for applying is January 15, 2019