Dan Beard Council Employment Opportunities
Role: District Executive
The Dan Beard Council is seeking a highly motivated, goal driven individual to serve as District Executive as part of the council’s staff team.
Within an assigned community/area, the district executive will work to promote Scouting with these responsibilities:
- Work with volunteers, including community and business leaders, to identify, recruit, train, and guide team to achievement of goals which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending Scouting programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations.
- Work to raise adequate financial support for programs in assigned area.
- Ensure that all key programs are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events, and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective roles.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The district executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Background in marketing, fundraising, and volunteer organization is highly desired. Sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained age of 21 years or older.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- A Scouting background is helpful, but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $35,500. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: http://www.scouting.org/Careers/WorkingWithUs/EssentialSkills.aspx