CAMP CONSERVATION DAYS
COME FOR THE DAY, CAMP FOR THE WEEKEND, MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR LIFE!
Only through continued service can we ensure that the beautiful and natural areas of the Dan Beard Scout Reservation and Camp Michaels are preserved for future youth. Camp Conservation Days are an great way for Scouts to earn service hours while working to conserve our camp properties. These days of organized projects include tree-planting, erosion control, honeysuckle removal, trail maintenance, and other conservation projects. Groups that participate learn about lake ecosystems and help create a healthy environment for the plants and animals that share our camps. This event promotes a sense of ownership in our camps for all those who participate. Each group that participates will earn a Conservation Ribbon and Scouts can earn service hours for rank advancement, school requirements, award requirements, and more.
Camp Conservation Day
Saturday, November 9, 2019
9:00am – 2:00pm
6035 Price Road
Loveland, OH 45140
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Please bring work gloves and a water bottle. Hydration is important in any weather!
- A hot lunch will be provided.
- Groups will be formed into specific projects teams, but typically pack and troops will be kept together.
- If you would like to camp the weekend, please make a separate camp reservation.
- Planting of native trees at Camp Michaels, Cub World, Camp Friedlander
- Clearing Honeysuckle and other non-native invasive plants
- Clean debris from drain areas and water runoff ditches, Camp Michaels
- Plant grass seed
- Litter clean up along Ibold Road, Camp Friedlander
Every tree planted during service for the Camp Conservation Day event helps our friends at the Taking Root Initiative. The purpose of the Taking Root campaign is to Plant 2 million trees in the eight county OH-KY-IN tri-state region by 2020.
Camp Conservation Day is sponsored Ku-Ni-Eh Lodge 145. The arrowmen of Ku-Ni-Eh provide considerable support through fiscal gifts and service hours to our Council Camps.
For more information on Camp Conservation Days, please contact:
Camp Experience Director
General Manager of Properties