BOO-THRU AT CAMP FRIEDLANDER
Friday, October 16th & Saturday, October 17th
Friday, October 23rd & Saturday, October 24th
6:00PM – 9:00PM | $10/Vehicle*
Camp Friedlander | 581 Ibold Road, Loveland, OH 45140
What is a Boo-Thru?
The first ever Dan Beard Council Boo-Thru at Camp Friedlander is a family Halloween event for everyone! Take your pick of evenings and join us for Halloween fun in a safe, socially-distant, family-friendly environment at a cost that fits just about any budget–starting at $10 per vehicle*! This event is appropriate for all ages without anything popping out at you or anything too scary – just spooky, Halloween fun!
Stay safely in your vehicle and adventure through the gravel roads of Camp Friedlander and the Dan Beard Scout Reservation. See the spooky sights, hear the ghostly gasps, and have fun with your entire family! Receive a Treat Bag at the end of the route before you leave Camp to drive back home.
*Registration includes: 1 vehicle admittance, 2 bags of candy, and access to the Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest and Virtual Costume Contest. For additional bags of candy, see all the registration options below! Vehicles larger than a 15 passenger van are not permitted.
Boo-Thru Registration Details
The Dan Beard Council Boo-Thru at Camp Friedlander is open to everyone! Tell you friends, your neighbors, and your mummy–this event is for Scouts, Scouters, and the general public. During registration, you’ll get to choose when you would like to start your night so you won’t have to get stuck in a traffic jam!
Choose the right amount of candy for your spooky Adventure!
- The Boo Mobile (includes 2 candy bags): $10
- The Ghoul Squad (includes 4 candy bags): $14
- A Monster Mash (includes 6 candy bags): $18
How to Get to Camp Friedlander
Beginning on Monday, October 12, 2020, the Clermont County bridge on Price Road, to the south of the Cub World entrance, will be closed. The road will be closed to thru-traffic until Friday, November 6, 2020. This means that the only option to access Camp Friedlander will be by coming down Price Road; access from Milford is no longer an option. The easiest route will be to exit I-275 at Wards Corner. Please make note and make proper travel arrangements on getting to camp. Click here for more details on the detour.
Directions to Camp Friedlander from East:
- Follow I-275 N to Wards Corner Road in Miami Township. Take exit 54 from I-275 N.
- Turn right onto Wards Corner Rd.
- Turn right onto Loveland-Miamiville Rd.
- Turn right onto Price Rd.
- Turn right onto Ibold Rd.
- Entrance to Camp Friedlander will be on your left.
Be a part of the Boo-Thru Crew!
We Need Your Help!
Are you interested in volunteering at Boo-Thru this October? Fill out this quick survey and we will contact you soon. Boo-Thru is the socially-distant alternative to Spook-o-Ree. From 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Camp Friedlander, the program will take place on: Friday, October 16, Saturday, October 17, Friday, October. 23 and Saturday, October 24.
Enter Spooky and Fun Boo-Thru Contests!
Scouts, Scouters and friends…check this out! Entry purchase to the Dan Beard Council Boo-Thru at Camp Friedlander also gets you access to the Virtual Costume Contest and Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest! Contest winners receive fabulous prizes–the Grand Prize is a FREE Session of Summer Camp for 2021! Follow the Dan Beard Council Facebook page and the Spook-O-Ree Facebook page for the latest updates!
Be Sure to Order Your Boo-Thru Patch!
We’ve got some exciting news! You can remember this spooky and fun event by purchasing a one-of-a-kind, Dan Beard Council Boo-Thru Patch! For just $3 per patch, it’s a great deal! Click here to order or see button below. Patches will be available for pick-up at the Scout Achievement Center located at 10078 Reading Road, Cincinnati Ohio in December, or we can mail it directly to your home for an additional fee to cover postage. Please specify which you would prefer when ordering.
Enhance Your Boo-Thru Experience with a
Kid-Friendly Halloween Music Playlist!
To enhance your Boo-Thru Halloween Drive-Thru experience, play some kid-friendly Halloween music as you drive through the spooky route! Click on one of the links below to play these fun and family-friendly Halloween Music Playlists and have a spook-tacular time! We offered a variety of playlists on Spotify, Apple, Amazon and Pandora so you can choose the one that works best for your family!
Vehicle Guidlelines at Boo-Thru
When attending Boo-Thru, you must adhere to the following vehicle guidelines:
- Roads for Boo-Thru are gravel. Participants assume all risks associated with potential damage to their vehicle upon entering.
- Your ticket is valid for the legal number of occupants permitted in the vehicle. Every occupant must be in a seat-belt or car seat.
- Smoking, vaping, or drinking alcohol will not be permitted.
- All guests must remain in their vehicle at all times during the experience. You may not walk along the route.
- You are solely responsible for the operation of your car.
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- The speed limit is 5mph and traffic attendants will be along the route to monitor closely.
- The driver of any vehicle must NOT use a phone, take pictures, or video while driving.
- Drive only on designated pathways.
- No motorcycles, buses, RVs, limos, or vehicles larger than a 15-passenger van. Convertibles with top down are permitted.
- Guests will NOT be permitted to sit in the bed of a pick-up truck or any other exterior area of a vehicle.
- Should an emergency arise, a staff member will direct you to a safe area.