Attend Camp Friedlander Summer Camp
A Camping Tradition Since 1919
Camp Friedlander is the premier Boy Scout Summer Camp program with a wide variety of merit badge options, activities for younger and older Scouts, training opportunities for adult leaders, and some of the best camping facilities in the country. Each summer, thousands of Scouts from across the nation (and the world!) make Camp Friedlander their summer camp home for a fun week of learning, achievement, leadership, and Scouting at its best.
Camp Friedlander is the home to the Dan Beard Council Boy Scout summer camp. Located within the I-275 belt loop of Cincinnati, Camp Friedlander is the premier Boy Scout Summer Camp program with a wide variety of merit badge options, activities for younger and older Scouts, training opportunities for adult leaders, and some of the best camping facilities in the country.
If your unit is still looking for a summer camp to attend for the upcoming summer, Camp Friedlander may be the camp for you. Camp Friedlander holds seven weeks of program starting in mid-June thru the first week in August. The session dates are listed to the right under "related events".
Making a Reservation
Campsite placement is the first step of making a reservation come together. We base campsite placement off of the number of Scouts and adults you expect to attend camp for the upcoming camping season. This number is simply an estimate however it is crucial that it's accurate so we know how many Scout's we'll serve in a given week. When making this reservation, please be aware of the following reservation and payment guidelines:
- An estimate of Scouts and adult leaders is due with payment.
- The non-refundable, non-transferable campsite deposit must be paid to hold a campsite for a week of camp.
- Multiple units sharing a campsite during a single week must each pay a $100 deposit.
- If all campsites for a week have been selected, but the total Scouts and adult leader estimate does not equal the camp capacity, the camp reserves the right to place multiple units in a campsite.
- If a unit exceeds the capacity of the campsite, then it is the responsibility of the unit to provide extra tents needed. The camp cannot provide extra tents, cots, or mattresses.
- If your unit wishes to remain in the same site for a comparable week of camp the next year, a deposit must be made by noon on Friday during that year's week of camp. If a unit fails to renew their reservation by that time, the campsite will be open for other units to reserve.
- Campsite deposits are non-refundable; however, they will be applied towards the total camp fees due for your unit.
- The person named as the Summer Camp Coordinator will be the Dan Beard Council's main contact for all camp and payment announcements. If this info changes, please inform the Dan Beard Council, Outdoor Program Assistant, as soon as possible.
When you've determined the campsite best suited for your unit based upon an estimate of youth and adults, please select the week (on the upper right of this page) then proceed through the reservation process. If the campsite you are interested in is not listed as available, please select "00 - Request Campsite Placement" and then contact the Outdoor Program Assistant by email in order to secure your campsite for the desired week.
The information displayed in the below PDF view is an overview of what campsites are available during the entire summer. Please feel free to print this document and share it with your unit in order to determine the best campsite for your unit. Note that this information is subject to change without notice; please refer to the updated timestamp in the lower right hand corner. When considering a campsite, please compare that of the available campsites (found below) to a map of Camp Friedlander.
All payments for summer camp are expected to be made online with either a credit card, or electronic check (routing and account numbers). The person processing the payment should ensure that the billing address is accurate as the payment will not go through otherwise. Camp Friedlander will continue to use a two payment schedule for the upcoming camping season. Please refer to the Camp Friedlander Camp Guide (found on the Camp Forms page) for this information.