ATTEND CAMP FRIEDLANDER
A CAMPING TRADITION SINCE 1919
Camp Friedlander is the premier Scouts BSA Summer Camp program with a wide variety of merit badge options, activities for younger and older Scouts, training opportunities for adult leaders, and some of the best camping facilities in the country. Each summer, thousands of Scouts from across the nation (and the world!) make Camp Friedlander their summer camp home for a fun week of learning, achievement, leadership, and Scouting at its best.
CAMP FRIEDLANDER CAMP REGISTRATION
Summer Camp Week 1, 2020
(June 14-20, 2020)
Summer Camp Week 2, 2020
(June 21-27, 2020)
Summer Camp/Scouts BSA Day Camp Week 3, 2020
(June 28-July 4, 2020)
Summer Camp Week 4, 2020
(July 5-11, 2020 )
Summer Camp/Scouts BSA Day Camp Week 5, 2020
(July 12-18, 2020)
Summer Camp/Scouts BSA Day Camp Week 6, 2020
(July 19-25, 2020)
Summer Camp/Scouts BSA Day Camp Week 7, 2020
(July 26-August 1, 2020)
CAMP FRIEDLANDER VIDEO
2020 CAMPSITE AVAILABILITY
To view currently available campsites, please see the Campsite Availability Chart.
The information found on the PDF linked above is an overview of what campsites are available during the entire summer. Please feel free to print this document and share it with your unit in order to determine the best campsite for your unit. Note that this information is subject to change without notice; please refer to the updated timestamp in the lower right hand corner. When considering a campsite, please compare that of the available campsites to a map of Camp Friedlander.
SCOUTS BSA DAY CAMP
Scouts can attend Day Camp during Weeks 3, 5, 6, and 7 for the cost of $210. They can choose from a pre-packaged first year camper schedule or pick from our wide range of merit badges offered during the day. These Scouts will be given the option to experience all camp has to offer while meeting other evening obligations they may have. Check out the Scouts BSA Day Camp Guide on Camp Forms by clicking HERE.
UNIT PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION
Adding participants to a Unit Registration:
- Click on the button to the left.
- Make sure you are signed-in (top right corner).
- Search for your unit number.
- Click on your unit.
- Click Registrations on the right-side of the screen.
- Select the Camp Friedlander registration.
- Click on Participants tab.
- Then click on Register a New Participant.
Note: If you do not see the Registrations link on your unit web page, make sure that you are logged in to your Dan Beard account and that you have access to this registration. If you did not create the registration, have your Camp Coordinator contact Rachel Ball, 513-577-7708 or Rachel.Ball@scouting.org.
Individual Camper registration will open the same day as Merit Badge Registration, which will be on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 9am.
All payments for summer camp are expected to be made online with either a credit card, or electronic check (routing and account numbers). The person processing the payment should ensure that the billing address is accurate as the payment will not go through otherwise. Camp Friedlander will continue to use a two payment schedule for the upcoming camping season.
Please note, Youth Estimate Deposits are not an additional fee. This deposit, along with the Registration Deposit for your campsite, will be made available to units and should be used to pay for participant fees.
Youth Estimate Deposits are non-refundable. If the space reserved is not filled by a youth, the money is non-transferable.
2020 CAMP FEES
FEE DESCRIPTION REGULAR FEE* (Ends May 15th) LATE FEE (Begins May 16th)
Camper Fee $310 $325
Adult Fee $100 $100
Day Camp Fee $210 $210
* Regular Fee applies to Webelos crossovers & newly registered Scouts. Those registered after May 15th can use the discount code: newscoutCF. Incorrect use of the discount will be reassessed the price difference.
2020 CAMP FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE
PAYMENT DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PAYMENT DEADLINE
Youth Estimate Deposit* $30 per Estimated Youth Due January 23, 2020; after which, 30 days after Unit Registration
Registration Payment $0 N/A
Full Payment Remaining Balance, Friday, May 15, 2020 at midnight
can be paid in installments
*The Youth Estimate Deposit should be applied to the Scout’s final payment.
SECOND WEEK DISCOUNTS
DISCOUNT DESCRIPTION AMOUNT DISCOUNT CODE
A course of DBC NYLT & a week at Camp Friedlander $100 off the second week secondsNYLTweek
Two or more weeks at Camp Friedlander (not available for Day Campers) $100 off the second+ week secondsCFweek
* All Second Week Discounts must be applied before full payment, either by using the discount code or by contacting the Outdoor Program Assistant at 513-577-7708. Do not pay the full fee of $310/$325 if you qualify for a Second Week Discount; NO REFUNDS will be given if the discount is not used/requested correctly.
The Dan Beard Council will refund all but $50 per Scout/15% of fees paid per adult for those who contact the Outdoor Program Assistant, 513-577-7708 or Rachel.Ball@scouting.org, no later than 30 days prior to their arrival at camp. You may replace a registration with another, unregistered Scout at no additional fee. NO REFUNDS will be given after the 30-day cancellation deadline except in cases of hardship, such as personal medical reasons, as determined by the Council Camping Director.
MAKING A RESERVATION
Campsite placement is the first step of making a reservation come together. We base campsite placement off of the number of Scouts and adults you expect to attend camp for the upcoming camping season. This number is simply an estimate however it is crucial that it’s accurate so we know how many Scout’s we’ll serve in a given week. When making this reservation, please be aware of the following reservation guidelines:
- An estimate of Scouts and adult leaders is due with the Unit Registration.
- If all campsites for a week have been selected, but the total Scouts and adult leader estimate does not equal the camp capacity, the camp reserves the right to place multiple units in a campsite.
- If a unit exceeds the capacity of the campsite, then it is the responsibility of the unit to provide extra tents needed. The camp cannot provide extra tents, cots, or mattresses.
- If your unit wishes to remain in the same site for a comparable week of camp the next year, a deposit must be made by noon on Friday during that year’s week of camp. If a unit fails to renew their reservation by that time, the campsite will be open for other units to reserve.
- The person named as the Summer Camp Coordinator will be the Dan Beard Council’s main contact for all camp and payment announcements. If this info changes, please inform the Dan Beard Council, Outdoor Program Assistant, as soon as possible.
When you’ve determined the campsite best suited for your unit based upon an estimate of youth and adults, please select the week (at the top of this page) then proceed through the reservation process.