The process of preparing and applying for the Eagle Scout rank can be a daunting one. To assist Scouts, parents, and leaders with this very precise process, the Dan Beard Council Advancement Committee has prepared a series of documents to walk candidates step by step through the planning and execution of the Service Project and the application.
Click here to learn more about the Life Scout to Eagle Process
You will need a PDF reader to open and view the following documents. If you don’t have a PDF reader, click here to download one.
Eagle Service Project
- Project Selection
- Obtain a copy of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook #512-927
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Checklist
- Project Completion Recommendation for Board of Review
Eagle Scout Rank Application
- Eagle Scout Rank application #512-728 (fillable pdf format only available)
- Eagle Application: General Information
- Eagle Requirement 2: Recommendations
- Example letter requesting “Letters of Recommendation"
- Eagle Requirement 3: Merit Badges
- Eagle Requirement 4: Position of Responsibility
- Eagle Requirement 5: Service Project
- Eagle Requirements 6-7: Remaining Items
- Eagle Application: Unit Approval and Processing
- Eagle Board of Review