2021 National Jamboree
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 30,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
Go to national website: https://jamboree.scouting.org and click Apply Now to begin a new participant registration. Fully complete the registration. Your information will be shared with Dan Beard Council.
Come back to this page (www.danbeard.org/2021-national-jamboree/) and complete the Dan Beard Council 2021 National Jamboree Contingent application. At the end of the application, you will be asked to make your initial non-refundable $150 deposit payment.
Registration will be opening soon!
The first Boy Scouts of America National Jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
ATTEND THE 2021 NATIONAL JAMBOREE
Every four years, Dan Beard Council puts together a Jamboree Contingent, consisting of 5 provisional Scouts BSA troops (each with 36 scouts and 4 adults; one all-female unit!) plus 1 provisional Venturing crew (36 scouts and 4 adult advisors). The Jamboree is open to all who Scouts who meet the following qualifications:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but has not yet reached their 18thbirthday by 8/1/2021) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2021. –OR—
- Registered member of Venturing Crew (has not yet reached their 21st birthday by 8/1/2021)
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct
APPLY TO BE AN ADULT LEADER FOR THE NATIONAL JAMBOREE
To qualify as a unit leader in the Dan Beard Council contingent to the 2021 National Jamboree, applicants are required to complete the approval process. Below is an overview of the selection process:
- Submit an online Jamboree Contingent Adult Unit Leader Application. Candidates may be asked to participate in an in-person interview.
- Be approved and invited to serve by the Dan Beard Council Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the Dan Beard Council Scout Executive. The Jamboree Committee for Dan Beard Council will review all applications. Applicants will receive a response in a timely manner. Applicants who are most qualified to serve as an adult leader in our council contingent will be asked to participate in an in-person interview. The interview is intended to support both the applicant and the selection committee members to determine if this opportunity is a good fit for both the applicant and the Scouts of the jamboree contingent.